July Beauty Favourites | Rachel

20:19


Can you believe we're already into August? We can't be 8 months into 2015 already, I feel like I'm still stuck in 2012! This year has gone by so fast and I'm hoping Winter passes by quickly as well. As July is the heart of Winter this month's favourites have been all about staying hydrated, fresh and flawless. So here we go:


To begin, I'm going to talk about two skin savers for me this month;

EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear Foundation in 'F300' -  (buy here) This is a really nice lightweight foundation with medium coverage that is perfect for winter! I have the shade F300 which is a perfect match for NC37 skin. This is the first drugstore foundation I've found that actually matches my skin flawlessly.The finish is a nice semi-matte which I absolutely love, it stays on all day and it also makes my skin feels so much smoother and softer. I love this foundation so much, there's a review coming soon!

Essano Rosehip Oil - (buy here) I love the entire rosehip collection from Essano and this is no exception. It is the most hydrating oil I've tried and has helped to both control my oils and keep my skin moisturized.  It'ss been a total skin saver this winter! I rub this into my face at night and wake up with a hydrated face ready to start the day! Okay maybe I'm still groggy in the morning but it definitely helps to not have my face feeling dry and tight in the morning. The smell is not the lovely floral scent that most of the other products in this range have but I'm willing to look past this because it works so well.



MAC lipstick in 'Twig' - I usually look forward to wearing dark burgundy lips in the winter however, this time round I've really been liking a natural shade. This is a perfect MLBB shade that I can wear everyday. The satin finish means it's not drying at all and I don't come home to stained, dry lips like usual when I use MAC's matte finishes. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone, it looks lovely on all skintones.

Hurraw Moon Balm - Since Winter in New Zealand just means wind wind and more wind it's pretty much crucial you have an amazing lipbalm at your side at all times. This lipbalm is the only one I've used that has ridded me of cracked lips. The staying power is not as great as it promises throughout the day but this stays all on night so my lips are hydrated in the morning. The vanilla-y, chamomile scent is also lovely to fall asleep to!




Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume - Pardon me as I've never been great at talking about perfumes and when/where to wear them. This is only the gift-set version because let's be real, I can't afford the full bottle. It's a nice light sweet floral scent with fruity tones, I love how fresh this smells, I feel like everytime I dab this on in the mornings I look and feel 10 times more put together. I'm definitely going to look into buying the full size when this runs out!

So that concludes this months favourites in beauty, I hope you enjoyed hearing about what I enjoyed this month. 

Were there any new finds or rediscoveries worth mentioning this month?

Much love, Rachel xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

where we buy makeup in nz