Collective Drugstore Haul | Rachel

20:25



As a Shopaholic with a tight budget, I'm not always able to fulfill my shopping needs. When payday rolls around I'm usually sat at my laptop with a shopping cart full of dreams that will (most likely) never happen. I usually end up going down to my local drugstore and buying tiny bits and bobs. I was extra happy with this month's purchases, as I usually end up buying a ton of duplicate products. 



I had the temptation to expand my lipstick collection. I already own some of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks so I picked up some more in the shades '103' and '104'. But of course, those weren't enough. Emily convinced me to buy more NYX lippies and after looking for the perfect red I added 'Chaos' to my basket. After buying a pink, a mauve and a red I felt the need to buy a purple lipstick (I really don't need more) so I chose the Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Pink So Chic' which is honestly more of a magenta-purple to me.

Oh and I also picked up the L.A Girl Pro Conceal in the shade 'Creamy Beige' after hearing so many people raving about it. It's a lovely concealer, but the applicator isn't the most convenient.



While in Auckland for the 5SOS concert (which was amazing) I visited the Makeup Clearance Company and picked up this L.A Girl blush brick in the shade 'Spice'. This is the cheek palette I've been looking for forever!


I also bought the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 'Transparent' after hearing so much hype about it, and I can honestly say, it is the best setting powder I've ever used. On the hunt for the perfect blush I put in the e.l.f Mineral Blush in the shade 'Jetsetter' and I'm so glad I did. This is a gorgeous soft mauve rose colour, it's one of my favourites. With all the hype of strobing (which has died down as I post this) I also felt compelled to purchase the e.l.f Baked Highlighter in 'Blushed Gems'.


I've recently started getting back into wearing eyeshadow after being discouraged due to my terribly hooded eyes. I swatched theBalm's shady lady shadow in 'Risque Renee' and just about fell in love at the store. It's a nice blackened violet with a sliver of blue in it. I have no words to describe this shadow, it's crazy pigmented as well. While scrolling through a Facebook beauty group I noticed swatches of the Australis Metallix Eyeshadows which are all gorgeous and have the best punny names (e.g Plum Diddy, Guns 'n' Rose Petals, Bronzonce). I ended up choosing the shade 'Lana Del Grey'.


Another thing I've started using more frequently is mascara. I don't know what I've been doing not wearing mascara all these years! Perhaps it was the fact I kept buying mascaras that never worked for my lashes. The L'Oreal False Lash Butterfly Wings Mascara works wonders for my lashes. I'm so glad 'this' went on sale at Farmers because I wouldn't have given it a glance if it were still at full price ($28).

I'm super happy with what I ended up with, not sure how my wallet feels about this haul though. I hope you enjoyed this haul, and perhaps have been inspired to go out and try some new products. If there's anything you're especially interested in, just ask below!

Have you found any new products worth mentioning?

Much love, Rachel xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

where we buy makeup in nz